Monday, February 22, 2016

foresty forest.

1 comment


down in a valley i wandered into a forest.
i lost my shoes up a tree.
i walked barefoot
wet moss and bits of dirt hugged my feet,
little pebbles found a home between my toes.

i stumbled upon a pile of bricks,
messily stacked in rows of three.
i hopped over and it was fun.
i looked down,
i had scraped my heal.
angrily i grabbed the top brick and chucked it at a bush.
it disappeared inside.

soon all the bricks were gone but one.
i lifted it up and found a worm.
it squirmed in my finger tips.
i named him steve.
i put steve in my shirt pocket.
the pocket closest to my heart.

i decided he was my best friend.
i told the trees,
and that night i told the moon.
the stars always eavesdrop so i guess they heard too.
but steve missed his home under the bricks,
so i let him go and watched him wriggle into the ground.

brick after brick i rebuilt his house.
a little sky scraper that only scrapes my heals.
but i kept one brick and carried it along with me.
i named it larry.
larrys quite boring.

1 comment :

  1. Larry's quite boring, haha. I don't remember reading this and I like it and if this isn't proof enough, I'm blog stalking your right now.

    ReplyDelete