Sunday, April 10, 2016

life and death

No comments
death.
ive felt his shadow on my back too many times.
ive seen his dirty work too many times.
for a while i forgot myself.
all i saw was darkness and daisies
daffodils and despair.
i found comfort in weakness because it was always there for me.
i forgot there were other filters than black and white.
my sunday tie turned into a noose,
and my bath tub turned into a comfy looking coffin.
and i wanted nothing more than to disappear into the shadows.
to be the shadows.


life.
for a while i forgot what it was,
it left my eyes.
it had no meaning to me.
no purpose.
but one day i realized.
i realized why i was alive.
i realized all the things i had.
all the things i could have.
i realized that life is beautiful.
i found the glacier lilies blooming.
i found the wind in the trees.
i found the sky.
i found my purpose.
and i found myself.



No comments :

Post a Comment