Tuesday, July 21, 2026

I Have it Under Good Authority That Your Heart is a River

No comments

A poem for my marvelous mother on her 70th birthday. She is as beautiful and timeless as ever.


Did you know your heart to be a river?

the evidence gathers at our feet.

Clear to see by all who nearby wander,

your kind of love cannot be beat.


It flows fast and freely, 

sweeping away all who stand near.

It carves gentle canyons,

values form standing against fear.


Your banks are draped with color,

but they could never leave a person blue.

Such beauty resides there,

every bee and flower, a testament it’s true.


Your love is the raging waters,

that beat against our shores.

It’s endless and plentiful,

it leaks from your every pore.


I thought you deserved a poem,

well here it is, it ain’t much, I can’t deny.

But I hope it brought you some joy,

if not, you’ll be glad this is goodbye.


No comments :

Post a Comment